Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Ultimate Gypsy





Wow - I went to the Fleetwood Mac concert last night - WOW! I knew I would love it but certainly didn't expect to be reduced to tears 3 times! Our original tickets were in row 18 on the floor but my dear friend Em had 2 extra tickets to sit with her in row 4. I'm ruined for concerts forever now. I have never seen artists that up close and personal before. And the songs... well what can I say....they just bring back so many memories. Stevie Nicks is a true gypsy right down to her scarf ladened tambourine. She spoke of the bands' beginning (she had just started high school) and they opened for such people as Janis Joplin and Jimmy Hendrix. I feel sorry for our kids' generation - I don't think they'll ever be able to experience a concert of bands they are listening to now when they are in their late 40's! What was really cool was the fact that there were so many young people there as well. Here are some photos ( I don't know why we got such a clear shot of Lindsay Buckingham and every one of Stevie Nicks is so blurry). Just in awe I guess! Robin

1 comment:

Maureen said...

OH my you are so lucky. I wanted to see them but could not get a good ticket. Good for you!